PPTP VPN Free – What Is It and How Does it Work?
PPTP VPN Free
Virtual Private Network or VPN can be best described as the method to add privacy and security to the private and public networks, Wi-Fi hotspots, and the internet. In present time, many different kinds of businesses and corporations are using VPNs in order to protect their important data and information. Likewise, there is a considerable increase in the usage of personal VPN too which can mainly b attributed to various transitions faced by online users nowadays.
Using a VPN lets you enjoy an improved privacy and security to a larger extent. This is mainly because of the fact that your initial IP address is replaced with the one provided by your VPN service provider. For many users, this is certainly an excellent way to obtain an IP address from a gateway that they may needed. This also allows you to alter your location by using a virtual private network. For example, if you are living in Houston, you can still make use of VPN to make it appear like you are in Dubai and so on. Accordingly, there are several VPN service providers that come with many different gateway cities for you to choose from.
In this article, we shall discuss what is PPTP VPN free is and how you can make use of it to get excellent privacy and security while using the internet and other networks to perform your important tasks. Developed by Microsoft, PPTP or Point to Point Tunneling Protocol is one of the most trusted and most commonly used ways to implement a virtual private network. It makes use of a GRE tunnel along with a TCP control channel for bypassing many different geographical based restrictions. Today, PPTP VPN free is not a new thing for those users who prioritize their online privacy and need the best way to ensure security to protect their sensitive data from third parties. Having an easy setup process, the idea of PPTP VPN free is more encouraging for businesses and personal users to employ it to enjoy a safe internet usage on a regular basis.
PPTP VPN Free
Microsoft Windows was the first one to introduce the concept of PPTP VPN free to the general public. Later, other platforms, such as, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android also went for its adoption to get an improved privacy and security for their everyday tasks. While a PPTP VPN free does not have the same level of secured layer of encryption as others protocols have, it is still very popular among the users perhaps because of having a super fast speed and a satisfactory level of security.
PPTP VPN free is one of the widely used networks that come with an excellent capability to bypass geographical based restrictions. It provides data into packets and sends them by a tunnel to get a private and secured communication between networks. With a PPTP VPN free, data is encrypted and kept intact with authenticity. With a 128-bit point to point encryption support, this virtual private network is quite easy to setup using server address, username and password. This is another reason why this free service is extensively utilized in publically used Wi-Fi networks as well.
Types of Point to Point Protocol
The Point to Point Protocol has two different types of tunneling to use. These are:
- Compulsory Tunneling: A compulsory tunneling is initiated from the end of the server and must be supported by the router within the network.
- Voluntary Tunneling: This can be initiated from a client device within a virtual private network.
As mentioned earlier, PPTP VPN free is a fast and secure service; it may not be as safe as other protocols with 256-bit encryption. It is however a very good option for professional and personal users with a budget to enjoy privacy and security while performing online activities. With a PPTP VPN free server, you can also do an easily get connected to a virtual private network. For example, if you want to connect to a network based on London, a free PPTP VPN with London host IP will be required to attain so. There are several PPTP VPN free servers around including Canada, USA, UK, Singapore, and other countries.
Setting PPTP VPN Free on Your Personal Computer
Setting up a PPTP VPN free setup on your computer involves a very simple process which can be implemented on almost every leading version of Microsoft Windows as well as other operating systems out there. Although you will find a slight difference in the overall infrastructure of the operating system you are making use of, the steps to set up a PPTP VPN free on a personal computer are almost the same.
Look at the steps below:
- In order to begin the setup, open Control Panel and click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the option “Set up a new connection or Network” to start the setup process. This will cause a new wizard to pop up on your computer screen in order for you to start the setup of a PPTP VPN free.
- Now click on the option “Connect to a workplace” and click “Next”.
- In the next window, you would need to choose an option to either use a Virtual Private Network or dial directly. Now select the option “Use my Internet Connection VPN” to continue.
- The next step is to provide information as to the server and the host. You can choose from a server from the list of available PPTP VPN free servers.
- Now you will provide the username and set a password for the PPTP VPN free.
- The next step is to click on the Create button in order to use your virtual private network. It will subsequently be listed under in the list of available networks.
- At times, you may need to change the network settings in order for your virtual private network to work. So, pick the VPN you have just added to your computer and open its properties.
- Now open the security tab and ensure if the type of your VPN is listed as Point to Point Tunneling Protocol. Also, make sure that the options of data encryption and CHAP are also selected as this will allow these protocols to work. You will also have to find out if the General tab is also specified correctly.